'Cuz I sometimes think differently than others (and I tend to lose stuff). So if there's any other odd socks out there, let's get together ...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's up with Blu-ray?

Less than half my customers have a Blu-ray player even though the image is spectacular and prices have really come down.   I think there are a number of reasons for this.  First of all, most people get enough HD content with their satellite dish or digital cable and regular DVDs still look pretty good on their HDTVs.  Not to mention the media boxes that are becoming popular for streaming directly off the web, or your computer.  I think it's possible that all this streaming content will take over before Blu-ray has a chance to take off.  So people are wary of putting down money on another technology that will fade (VHS lasted from about 1976 to 2006; DVDs became popular around the year 2000 but maybe their days are numbered).  But how do I put a video in your HAND that you can take HOME?  I guess eventually I'll be able to sell streaming content on my website, but for now, I'd sure like to make some Blu-ray disks!  
Your thoughts are welcome ...

No comments:

Post a Comment